Sunday, March 1, 2015

New MG Magical Realism

18516113

The wonderful Alice Hoffman has created an unforgettable middle grade tale. From the first page, we're whisked into the familiar yet magical town of Sidwell, Massachusetts. Filled with secrets and pies, rumors of monsters, young love, and a family curse, the story of twelve-year-old Twig and her family kept me spellbound to the end. Nightbird will be released March 10, and is available for preorder.


22313641

What if you had a magic pencil . . . one that knew all the answers? Kate Messner's new middle grade follows middle schooler Ava Anderson as she deals with school, family, saxophone practice, and her sometimes overwhelming anxiety.

4 comments:

Mirka Breen said...

Magical realism may be my favorite type of story these days. I know what magic A. Hoffman weaves from way back. Thank you for the recommendations.

Claudine G. said...

I greatly enjoy magical realism, too, and will put both books on my to-read list. Hope they are available at my library!

Vijaya said...

Ooooh, another book by Alice Hoffman? My heart, be still. Haven't visited here in a while, Ruth. I'm seeing lots of great titles to read. Thank you.

Anna Staniszewski said...

You and I seem to have the same reading list! I finished Nightbird last week and really enjoyed it. And I just got my hands on a copy of All the Answers and am planning to dive in tonight. :)