Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Pete Seeger

One of my heroes, Pete Seeger, passed away yesterday at 94. Throughout his long career, he was a positive force for change in the world. I admire his optimism, community spirit, and concern for the environment. He will live on through his music.

Just a few days ago, my husband brought home a tattered book someone had donated. Over the weekend, I sat down at the piano and had fun picking out some of the tunes.


Pete Seeger also authored the wonderful children's story Abiyoyo. Here he is performing the musical story on Reading Rainbow in 1986. 





Rest in peace, Pete Seeger.









2 comments:

Barbara Watson said...

What a legacy he left...

DMS said...

I saw Pete play a couple of years ago at an Earth Day celebration. He was wonderful! He had children from the community on stage with him and they sang two songs together. It was very touching. What an amazing light he had.