I have been deep in the revision cave this summer, but have emerged with a completely rewritten MG manuscript. Sent it off to my awesome beta readers yesterday, and am looking forward to their feedback!
Other things going on with me:
- I start back to work on Tuesday. I'm excited to see my students and get back into the swing of school.
- My son is flying to California tomorrow for a job interview with Google. Cross your fingers for him!
- Pavlova is still as cute as can be. It's hard to believe how much she has grown. She continues to enjoy attacking our feet, using the kitchen stools as jungle gyms, and jumping on Xander Cat's head.
- I combined research and nostalgia by taking a trip to a childhood haunt in Indiana that is the setting for my new novel.
- My daughter has one more week of her summer job at the St. Louis Zoo before getting ready to head back to college in Chicago.
- My wonderful family treated me to a lovely birthday dinner at Cafe Natasha. We topped it off with gelato from the Gelateria. Good times!