Sunday, August 4, 2013

Let's Talk About Me ...

Pavlova
I have been deep in the revision cave this summer, but have emerged with a completely rewritten MG manuscript. Sent it off to my awesome beta readers yesterday, and am looking forward to their feedback!

Other things going on with me:

  • I start back to work on Tuesday. I'm excited to see my students and get back into the swing of school.
  • My son is flying to California tomorrow for a job interview with Google. Cross your fingers for him!
  • Pavlova is still as cute as can be. It's hard to believe how much she has grown. She continues to enjoy attacking our feet, using the kitchen stools as jungle gyms, and jumping on Xander Cat's head.
  • I combined research and nostalgia by taking a trip to a childhood haunt in Indiana that is the setting for my new novel.
  • My daughter has one more week of her summer job at the St. Louis Zoo before getting ready to head back to college in Chicago.
  • My wonderful family treated me to a lovely birthday dinner at Cafe Natasha. We topped it off with gelato from the Gelateria. Good times!

10 comments:

Barbara Watson said...

Sounds like a wonderful summer. My son dreams of working at Google one day. Let us know how the interview turns out!

Ruth Donnelly said...

Thanks, Barbara! :)

Leandra Wallace said...

I love getting to eat at special places for special things! Happy Belated Bday! =)

Angie Sandro said...

Congrats on revising your manuscript! It must be a relief to have it in the hands of your beta readers. Happy belated birthday. And good luck to your son :)

Ruth Donnelly said...

Thanks, Leandra and Angie!

Vijaya said...

Ruth, you sound like you've had a lovely summer. Yay to revisions and sweet kitty and family time. Happy birthday!

Ruth Donnelly said...

Thanks, Vijaya!

Marcia said...

This all sounds so wonderful. Happy birthday! And it sounds like the revision cave was very productive.

Alice Kaltman said...

Hi Ruth,

We are now Twittering, which led me here. Great Blog. I will be following this too! Hey, my daughter goes to college in Chicago (well, Evanston) too. Where about is yours? And I too, love mermaids...

Ruth Donnelly said...

Thanks, Alice! Mine is at Loyola. We stay in Evanston when we go up there. Is yours at Northwestern?