- Heather Alexander, editor at Dial Books for Young Readers
- Quinlan Lee, agent for Adams Literary
- Suzanne Morgan Williams, author of Bull Rider
- Louise Jackson, author of Exiled
- Freelance author Sue Bradford-Edwards
- Rich Davis, children's book illustrator for Viking.
I especially enjoyed Suzanne Morgan Williams' workshop, Make Your Writing Shine. She showed us a revision technique that involves indicating dialogue, action, description, and internal thought with different colored markers--a good way to visually check what's happening in each scene. Ideally, there will be several colors next to a given paragraph. If there are large, unbroken blocks of description or internal thought, it's probably a good idea to work in some action.