Monday, August 2, 2010

Write Fifteen Minutes A Day


Teacher orientation meetings start next week, and it's also the week of WriteOnCon ... and that means I'm going to be busy. That's why I was so happy to find out about the Write Fifteen Minutes A Day challenge on Laurie Halse Anderson's blog. All you have to do is write fifteen minutes a day. No word count requirements; no genre requirements; no pressure to finish anything--just write! That should be possible, right? No matter how crazy things get... it's only fifteen minutes!

8 comments:

Catherine A. Winn said...

Fifteen minutes is a great goal for busy people during hectic times. Thanks for the reminder of WriteOnCon!

Jackee said...

That's a great challenge! Sometimes it's amazing how much we can get done when we are busy but dedicated. Good luck Ruth, with school, writing, and the WriteonCon!

Christie Wright Wild said...

Yes, but 15 min. is never ENOUGH time for me. By the way, I LOVE the title of your blog. Readatoullie. Too clever!!!

Ruth Donnelly said...

Thanks, Christie! Glad you stopped by. I agree, it's not enough... but it's better than nothing! Hopefully we'll keep going once we get started.

Annie McMahon said...

That's the thing. When I start writing and really get into it, I can't stop. So 15 minutes would probably turn into two hours...

Nice blog! I'll be back to read more.

Ruth Donnelly said...

Exactly! It's getting started that's the hard part. Thanks for commenting & following, Annie!

abitosunshine said...

15 minutes a day wouldn't be enough to get those words runnin' 'round in my head out o' there!

Blessings & a bit o' sunshine!
Ruthi

Ruth Donnelly said...

I agree, Ruthi--more is definitely better! ;)