Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Good Links!


I've been focusing on writing at the expense of blogging lately... but just have to share a few great links I ran across!

First, here is an interview on Totally Writeous, in which Ingrid Law, author of  Savvy, talks about her writing process. I was excited to learn that Ingrid's new book, Scumble, is due out in August. Here's a link to my review of Savvy.

Secondly, Jason Black has posted some excellent articles about the craft of writing on Plot to Punctuation. Two that I found especially helpful were "Five More Ways to Create Sympathetic Characters" and "Why Stakes Work" 

And, last but not least, if you're not following Darcy Pattinson's Fiction Notes, it's worth checking out. She's got tons of good information. Here's a link to her archives.

1 comment:

Nora MacFarlane said...

Thanks for the links - and thanks for visiting my blog!