Sunday, March 21, 2010

Agents Day

I had a wonderful time on Saturday at Agents Day (sponsored by the Missouri chapter of SCBWI)! Three awesome agents--Joan Paquette (Erin Murphy), Stephen Fraser (Jennifer De Chiaro), and Kelly Sonnack (Andrea Brown)--spoke to the group in the morning, participated in a question/answer panel before lunch, and held critique sessions in the afternoon. I learned more about what agents want (and what they don't want), got lots of good book recommendations ranging from picture books through YA, met a bunch of other writers, and got some new direction for my novel revisions. The final session of the day was an interactive reader's theatre presentation based on the picture book Rosie's Walk by Pat Hutchins. It was led by Lynn Rubright, a master educator and professional storyteller with a passion for getting kids involved with literature. I'll post more about what I learned after I've had a chance to go through my notes.

1 comment:

Aimee said...

Sounds like a great day! I would love to hear about the tips you got for your revision--I could use a few new ideas as well.