Friday, February 5, 2010
10 Silly and Not-So-Silly Ways to Find Time for Writing
2. Carry your notepad or laptop with you and use odd bits of time that would otherwise be wasted.
3. Stop doing housework.
4. Use public transportation so you can write while commuting.
5. Stop cooking. Eat out instead, but take your laptop, and only go to places with plenty of electrical outlets.
6. Post a sign that says “Temporarily out of service”, and teach your kids and spouse what it means.
7. Reduce sleep time to five hours per night, and use the extra time for writing.
8. Learn to type while riding an exercise bike or walking on a treadmill.
9. Attend a writers’ retreat.
10. Join a local writers’ group that has regular write-ins … or start your own.
If you have other ideas, please leave a comment and share!