Last night I went to the 60th annual Greater St. Louis Book Fair. This yearly event is one of the oldest and largest book sales in the United States. It raises funds to support literacy and education in the St. Louis area. Going to the book fair is a spring tradition for a lot of St. Louisans, including my family.
Because we got there late on Friday evening, we only had an hour or so to browse before the fair closed for the day. I spent most of my time in the cookbook/food section, and came away with eleven books for $16. Not a bad deal!
Here's what I found:
- Herbs For Health (Louise Evans Doole)
- A Decent Cup of Tea (Malachi McCormick)
- Secrets of Fat-Free Baking (Sandra Woodruff)
- Instead of Chicken, Instead of Turkey: A Poultryless "Poultry" Potpourri (Karen Davis)
- Chinese Vegetarian Cooking: Exciting Dishes for Creative Cuisine (Jillian Stewart)
- Diet for a Gentle World (Les Inglis)
- The Natural Gourmet: Delicious Recipes for Healthy, Balanced Eating (Annemarie Colbin)
- The Cooking of India (Santha Rama Rau)
- Wise Concoctions: Natural Elixirs and Tonics for Health and Energy (Bonnie Trust Dahan)
- A Celebration of Wellness (James Levin, M.D. and Natalie Cederquist)
- Vegetarian Pasta Cookbook (Sarah Maxwell)
I can't wait to start reading!