Saturday, February 14, 2009

Oscar-Nominated Movies: The Reader


I'm making progress on my goal of seeing at least a few of the movies that have been nominated for Academy Awards. Last night, I saw The Reader. Kate Winslet has already scored a Golden Globe, a BAFTA, and a SAG award for her work in this movie ... I wouldn't be surprised if an Oscar is next! David Kross and Ralph Fiennes, who played the male lead character at different ages, were also excellent. The Reader has been nominated in five categories, including best actress, best director, and best picture. I thought it was a stunning movie--very affecting and thought-provoking. Stephen Daldry, who also directed The Hours, has done it again. If you haven't seen The Reader yet, hurry--it's still playing in a few theaters.

3 comments:

DJ Karma said...

I'll have to check that movie out! Btw, wanted to thank you for voting for my spanakopita in the veggie love challenge! :)

Ruth said...

You're welcome! I'm planning to try your recipe some time soon--sounds scrumptious.

Rena said...

Oh, I wish I went to more movies these days, but I just don't make the time for it. When I do, the film is usually animated -- sigh.